Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipe by Susan: Shrimp Wraps

This is something my mother-in-law did for dinner sounds good I will have to try it.

Last night I shelled medium size raw shrimp and marinated them in sesame oil, minced garlic, and lemon juice for an hour in the fridge.

I threaded them on (soaked) wooden skewers, 6 each, and breaded them with panko.

Then I made a dipping sauce of:
ponzu soy sauce
rice vinegar
chili flakes
squeezed garlic
minced ginger
lemon juice.
sugar
fish sauce (a little)

I separated a head of romaine and took the middle leaves - not the tough outer ones or the small inner ones.

I cooked the shrimp in a little oil until crusty on both sides and then we took a leaf and laid a skewer on it, wrapped the edges of the leaf around the shrimp and withdrew the skewer. Dip, bite, dip, bite.

They were wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment